They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2:42
Welcome to the Creede Baptist Church website. We are a church of active believers in the Good News of Jesus Christ located in the historic mining town of Creede Colorado (www.creede.com).
We are dedicated to learning and obeying the word of God so that we can better worship and serve our Lord. Please read the information below to learn more about what we believe as a church body.
The purpose of Creede Baptist Church is:
1. THE BIBLE: We believe the entire Bible; all 66 books of the combined Old and New Testaments are inspired by God and are inerrant in the original writings. Through the providence of God, the Word of God has been protected and preserved, and is the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. GOD: We believe that there is only one true, living sovereign, holy, and eternally existent God. He exists in three co-equal persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each being a distinct person and with a distinct function, but all of one essence and all possessing the same nature, perfection, and attributes. The triune God is the creator and sustainer of all things, the source of all truth, and is worthy of worship, confidence, and obedience (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Genesis 1:31).
3. JESUS CHRIST: We believe that Jesus Christ is God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed many miracles, shed His blood on the cross as a vicarious substitute, was buried, bodily resurrected, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return literally, visibly, and personally in glory and power (John 1:1-3, 14; Matthew 1:18-25; Philippians 2:5-9; Colossians 1:15; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Acts 1:11).
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the Holy Spirit is God, co-equal and co-existent with the Father and the Son. He is the one who convicts of sin, and the chief agent of regeneration and sanctification. The Holy Spirit indwells every believer and empowers every believer to live a godly life (John 14:16-19; 16:7-15; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 8:9, 11; Titus 3:5).
5. MANKIND: We believe that in the beginning God created mankind in His image, and is not in any sense the product of evolution. Mankind was originally created with the ability to live perfectly for God's glory (Genesis 1:17, 31).
6. SIN: We believe that Adam, the first man, sinned by willful disobedience. This act of open rebellion resulted in the fall of all mankind; therefore, all people have sinned and lost their ability to live for the glory of God. Mankind's fall has incurred both physical and spiritual death on all until there is forgiveness and salvation by the grace of God (Genesis 3:1-24; Romans 3:10-23; 5:12-21; 6:23).
7. SALVATION: We believe the salvation of lost and sinful mankind is a free gift of God's grace apart from human works, based solely upon Christ's vicarious and atoning death, effected by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and received only through faith in the person and finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross (Ephesians 2:8-10; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
8. THE CHURCH: We believe that the church is the body of Christ and the family of God. It is made up of saved and baptized believers, who regularly join together for worship, fellowship, and ministry (Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Hebrews 10:25).
9. DISCIPLESHIP: We believe that it is the privilege and responsibility of every Christian to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and to seek to make growing disciples (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).
10. ETERNITY: We believe man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or in union with God through salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally with God is heaven. Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence (John 3:16; 2:25; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15).
11. BAPTISM AND LORD'S SUPPER: Jesus instructed His followers to remember His death and resurrection. He gave the church two visible symbols (called "ordinances") as reminders. These two ordinances are baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism by immersion is an act of obedient identification with Jesus as Lord. It serves as an outward sign of conscious confession of repentance and faith. The Lord's Supper is an ongoing symbol remembering our Lord's death, burial, resurrection, and promised return (Matthew 26:26-29; 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32).
Wednesday: 6:00pm (Dinner),
Please email questions or comments:
Website Images & Contents (C)2005-2007 Creede Baptist Church